All Expenses Paid
It’s the snowy season, which means LSN spends most of her time huddled under snowy tarps in the forest or running across ice covered lakes. It’s also the New Year despite the fact that it’s the DEAD OF WINTER, and it doesn’t feel as though anything new has begun at all. This is because about two-thousand years ago, the Roman consul assumed their position in January, then the eleventh month. The Romans originally celebrated New Year in the spring and that makes far more sense to me, but I’m not a Roman consul so my opinion on the matter is meaningless.

The best part about the New Year is sitting down and budgeting my expenses for the coming year. When it comes to video games, I like to think of this as listing all the cool stuff I look forward to getting this year! (It doesn’t work so good for utility, rent, and car insurance. )

My list so far looks like this:

January –
Mass Effect 2
Divinity 2: Ego Draconis

February –
BioShock 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction

March –
Assassin’s Creed 2

May –
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Spring –
Alpha Protocol

Unknown –
Arcania: A Gothic Tale
Fallout: New Vegas
Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty
Star Wars: The Old Republic
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm


Mass Effect 2 is coming about twenty days! I just finished a paragon FemShep run to import into the game. I don’t know if I should do another run and try to get to level 60, or if I should dust off Splinter Cell: Double Agent and finish it.

What cool games are you looking forward to playing this year?
Labels: | edit post
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    Just curious, have you had a chance to play Divinity II yet? Did you like it?